What personal information we collect
Ascensa Communications Pty Ltd “Ascensa” collects information from our customers including the type of information required to provide our services. Protecting your personal information is important to us, this statement explains how we collect, use, share and hold your personal information.
How we may collect your information
Ascensa usually collects personal information about you directly. For example, we collect personal information when you provide information to us by phone, email, or social media, or when you enter your personal details on our website.
We may also collect information about you indirectly, including from:
• our employees, agents, contractors or suppliers;
• third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting bodies and credit providers;
• third parties such as sporting clubs and community organisations that we partner with;
• third parties such as utility aggregators who provide you product comparison services for telecommunications market;
• our customers authorised representatives;
• other telecommunication and information service providers;
• our equipment; and
• publicly available sources of information.
Why we collect your personal information
Your personal information is collected by Ascensa so we can go ensure that we can provide exceptional customer service and support.
For example, to:
• verify your identity;
• assess whether you are eligible for our services;
• assist you to complete an application;
• carry out checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
• process your application to become an Ascensa customer;
• provide the services you require;
• deal with enquiries and provide customer support;
• manage your services, including billing, account management and collecting debts;
• research and develop our products and services;
• business planning;
• provide information to the manager of the Integrated Public Number Database (IPND).
How we may share your personal information
Ascensa may be required to share your personal information to organisations outside of our company.
For example, with:
• suppliers so we can supply the service to you;
• technicians we engage to resolve faults concerning your service;
• a credit reporting body or credit provider if you fail to meet your contractual agreement with payments;
• debit collection agencies and similar parties that assist with debt-recovery;
• specialist contracts for the purposes of research and development;
• other communication companies, for specific marketing campaigns;
• our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
• other telecommunications and information service providers, for example, our outsourced billing provider;
• your authorised representative or contact person in the manner you have agreed to;
• your legal advisers, if requested by you to do so;
• a duly authorised government, regulatory authority or other organisation such as the TIO, when we are required or specifically permitted by law to do so (for example, to the operator of the IPND, which supplies information for telephone directories) or to assist in resolving a customer complaint or dispute;
• a specified recipient if a court order compels us to do so, and
• Law Enforcement Agencies concerning the enforcement of criminal and other laws if we are compelled, or required to
There are some circumstances where Ascensa may provide your personal information to an organisation outside of Australia. These organisations work with us to provide professional services in software development, systems and technical support, data storage, marketing and product development.
Our websites, cookies & online advertising
• Web Analytics Cookies – to understand anonymous and aggregated website behaviour such as how many visitors are using our websites, length of visit, where the visitors are navigating, and what pages have been visited.
• Online Advertising Cookies – to ensure our online advertising is more relevant to you and keep you from repeatedly seeing the same advertising from us.
The data collected from cookies (or similar technology) our websites use is anonymous and is not matched to an identified individual. You can usually remove or block cookies and opt-out of interest based tracking by using the settings in your web browser application or mobile device, however it may affect your ability to use our website.
How we hold your personal information
We keep customer information on controlled systems, which are secure against unauthorised access. Proof of identity is required before personal information is disclosed to any person, including specific customer. We take particular care with credit card details, which are stored in a secure and safe environment.
How to access your personal information
Your personal information can be accessed via your secure Customer Access Toolbox (CAT) at https://login.ascensa.com.au or by contacting Ascensa by phone or email.
We maintain and update the personal information we hold as it becomes necessary, for example when our customers inform us that their personal information has changed.
Contact us about our privacy statement
If you have any queries concerning this privacy statement, please contact us by calling (03) 9975 4040 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any privacy complaints will be handled in accordance with our complaints process.Privacy Statement