Hardware Warranty Information
All equipment supplied by Ascensa Communications Pty. Ltd. is backed by a 12 month replacement guarantee. Some equipment and or hardware supplied by Ascensa may have a manufacture warranty that extends beyond 12 months. In the event where equipment or hardware supplied by Ascensa may be deemed faulty or is experiencing difficulties, and where the standard 12 month warranty period has passed, the customer may contact the manufacturer directly as per the manufacturer warranty term if the equipment and or hardware supplied has an extended manufacturer warranty that is greater than the standard 12 months.
Ascensa will only replace equipment and or hardware without charge if the supplied product is less than 12 months from the date of purchase from the company and is subject to the hardware warranty terms outlined below.
1. In order to claim under the warranty, you should contact us by submitting a “Hardware Warranty” and advise us that you wish to claim under the Hardware warranty.
2. We determine if you are eligible to claim under the warranty.
3. If you are eligible for a warranty claim we will determine if we will replace or repair the equipment.
4. If we determine that your equipment needs to be returned, you will be sent replacement equipment and a self-addressed prepaid postage bag in which to return the faulty equipment.
5. If the faulty equipment is not returned to us, with all cables, accessories and components, within 14 days of you receiving the replacement equipment and prepaid postage bag, you will be charged the full price for the purchase of the equipment that we sent to you, plus any shipping costs relating to the prepaid postage bag that was sent to you. You will also still be charged for the original equipment and if the original equipment has already been paid for, you will not be entitled to a refund.
6. The warranty does not cover any of the following events:
a. any equipment not supplied by us;
b. any interference with or modification to the equipment, including software, or a failure to use it in accordance with instructions; or
c. damage caused by you or someone who has used the equipment (for example misuse or exposure to liquid or excessive heat); or
d. an external event (for example a fire or flood).
7. If on inspection of the returned equipment we determine that the fault was caused by an event in clause 4, you will be charged for the original equipment (or if the original equipment has already been paid for, you will not be entitled to a refund) and the replacement equipment, unless:
a. you have not used the replacement equipment; and
b. you return it to us in its unopened packaging, in which case, you will not be charged for the replacement equipment.
8. Goods returned to us for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods. If your equipment is replaced with refurbished equipment, the warranty applies in relation to that refurbished equipment from the remainder of the original Warranty Period or thirty days, whichever is longer.
9. The benefits given to you by this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies you may have at law.
10. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
11. You must notify us of the fault with your equipment within 12 months from the date you purchased the equipment.
12. This warranty is given by Ascensa Communications Pty. Ltd – ABN: 68 159 642 172. You can contact us directly by email or phone if you have any questions regarding this warranty.Hardware Warranty